IT Security & Operations Manager, partnering up with clients on their success journey by leveraging People, Innovative technology, Security transformations strategy and execution. I am a trusted partner and frequently commended on my honest & trustworthy approach to negotiation and solution design.
I am currently leading the research and investigation security laboratory and we achieve great things by discovering the hidden secrets of piracy using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Open Source, Security & Compliance, GDPR and IOT.
I’m an experienced professional at using Python, PHP, Android, Machine Learning, OpenCV, OCR, Fingerprinting, Watermarking, Networking tools, Virtual Machines and other magics to achieve the results and success. Not too long ago, I was an expert in security platforms such as IDS, IPS, HIDS, Firewalls and SIEMS
- MS in Electrical Engineering – PUC Campinas – 2016- 2018
- Post graduate degree in Computers Networks – State University – UNICAMP – 2011
- Graduation in Computer Networks – Brazilian Advanced Technology Institute – IBTA – 2007
- Applied Digital Law (FGV) – 08/2016
- FireEye Certified Specialist – 07/2013
- Open CTIS Certification – 03/2012
- ISO27002 Certification – 05/2012
- CompTIA – Security Plus – 09/2010
- ITIL Foundation v2/v3 – 10/2008 e 07/2010
- Microsoft – MCSA – 09/2010
- Portuguese – native
- English – fluent
- Spanish – fluent
- French – Professional proficiency
Function: Security & Operations Manager 03/2015 – Current
Lead the Nagra Security Lab & Operations team focused in combating TV and IPTV piracy by producing & supporting technical countermeasures and forensics investigation. The team is cross-functional located in multiple countries such as Brazil, Peru, Spain, India and Switzerland. Team is composed of engineers, developers and investigators, responsible for several cases that lead to police search warrants, arrests and relevant media publicity. The countermeasures includes technical implementation of satellites signals maneuvers, computer network hacks and software development for related industries.
I’m working as South America security representative for the company and sometimes for the Pay-Tv industry by giving trainings, instructions to key authorities, police officials, border control agents and law stakeholders. Acting as pre-sales consultant identifying potential customers and business opportunities.
Dimension Data 06/2013 – 03/2015
Function: Senior Security Engineer
Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and reporting security events logs focused on ArcSight SIEM and RSA Analytics. I have been also tasked with process improvement and automation.
IBM Machines and Services 12/2010 – 06/2013
Function: Supervisor/Security Engineer
– As a supervisor, I have to support and instruct the analysts under my responsibility, helping them to apply and maintain the policies and procedures defined by the upper management. I’m the link between the management group and the analysts maintaining them aware of the daily occurrences and responding to such when it is appropriated. I’m also a focal point for critical and business impact situations.
– Working as 2nd tier security specialist I have to deal with network security assessment and threats avoidance for thousands of IBM’s customers. As security escalation engineer, I was responsible for critical issues resolution and business critical mission assignments. Subject matter expert for multiple technologies such as IBM Proventia IPS/IDS and HIDS, Juniper ISG, Cisco IPS/IDS, Mcafee Intrushield, Sourcefire and others. Act as security specialist and advocate instructing and guiding customers to tune and adjust security policies to meet international standards and internal requirements. Used -in a daily basis, Linux and scripting skills to solve and enhance internal process or activities. I was also responsible for people and staff management making sure the business needs and requirements were met.
IBM Machines and Services 03/2008- 12/2010
Function: Security Analyst
I was responsible for monitoring, reviewing and reporting security events and logs for several IBM customers. I also assisted in identifying all Information Security requirements necessary for the protection of all information processed, stored, and transmitted by information systems as required by Regulatory bodies. My job was to maintain, modify, and enhance Information Security related systems, tests, evaluations, and risk assessments. I assisted in the development and implementation of plans, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure Information Security.
Volunteer Service & Hobbies:
Served as volunteer for 2 years in the amazon forest, helping the local community in their spiritual development and assisting them in their daily tasks. I’m an avid reader an occasional photographer and a lousy guitar player.